Nothing To Hide Nothing To Hide

This is by far the coolest thing you have done so far. I mean, for all the newgrounds games I've played, for all the times I thought they had great polish... I take that all back just from playing this demo. DEMO. And you have only just begun. You clearly know what you are doing here and I highly doubt you won't succeed. I can book this down as solid proof that HTML5 is far superior to flash. Again, I didn't think that before, and again I take it all back. Overall, I am very pleased with everything here, and I am very sure the end result will be excellent.

Traitor Traitor

The art is not any great style. It is not pixel art. It is PHOTOSHOP FILTERS. I know because I achieved the very same effect (by accident, but in the end thought it was stupid)

Clicking Cancel has the same effect as clicking Begin Mission so what is the point of Cancel?

The combat is extremely slow and repetitive, and super easy therefore super boring.

Everything about this game is of low quality.

Outpost:Haven Outpost:Haven

GODDAMNIT I WAS JUST THINKING OF DOING THIS

I wanted to make a topdown shooter very similar to this but DAMN SON that is some nice polish here. The graphics are very well done. However, that is really the only thing going for it.

You see, you used sounds from half life series. I recognize the walking sounds. And overall the sound quality isn't that great. So I can't give you points there. But most importantly, it's really boring. Everything is paced so slowly. The character's slow walking, the fights, everything. Move things along! The story is hardly sophisticated (OWL men? Seriously?) It got real repetitive by level 2, and oddly you seemed to be going for a call of duty style achievements and interface. There is not enough enemy types. There is not enough variety. Ah so you used physics to make boxes and stuff move around as you push them. Yes, but that causes anti-aliasing problems when they rotate. Jagged edges. Which kinda detracts from the neat graphics on display here. I know you thought it is a neat idea because I thought the same thing. Anyway, I'm going to surpass you on every level when I release my topdown shooter :)

Squize responds:

I look forward to playing it mate, 'cause I really like my game, so I can tell I'm going to love yours.

Gyossait Gyossait

This game is bad

I will clearly list why:

The level design is not challenging, meaning it is boring. Most of the time is spent walking across dull terrain. Is that fun? No.

There is no attack. You only have a shield that can be used to deflect bullets. Most of the time is spent avoiding enemies. And the enemies are sparse and extremely stupid anyway. That is not challenging. Is this fun? It isn't.

I can respawn an infinite number of times. I can just "trial and error" my way through the game because I don't care if I die. This means there is no challenge.

The graphics are all jagged looking and low res. It does not look nice. The graphics is ugly.

The sound effects and music are terrible. It is all just noise and it is very low quality.

In all aspects this game is very low quality. This is why it is bad.

Battle for Wayland Keep Battle for Wayland Keep

Terrible

I got bored real fast. It was so repetitive and dull. And about lag problems, I have a really fast computer with EIGHT GIGS of ram, and it still lags. It's obviously a problem of bad programming as I can run much more complex games (yes, even flash games) just fine.

And seriously, do you really expect that you can tear down such a thick gate by STABBING IT? Or shooting arrows at it? The game is severely flawed in all areas. Everything is so cliche and annoying. The game mechanics are so simple, there is no real challenge. It all feels like a dull tedious grind. The story and graphics are hardly impressive either. It is simply all a big dumb mess.

Bullet Heaven Bullet Heaven

Hardly epic

Unfortunately, I found this really boring. Quite easy as well. The bullet patterns are extremely simplistic, so it's not really a challenge because of the bullets but just how many enemies you spawn in the same area. This is why I find it boring. The game is just too simple. The same music gets played repeatedly, and I couldn't be bothered doing any more levels (survival mode also)

Sierra 7 Sierra 7

Nice rail shooter

I recall this being in development for quite a while. Shame though that it is quite short. I found various parts annoying, especially when the game has you memorizing patterns to shoot behind cover. Also annoying is having to snipe specific targets in a linear sequence for no real convincing reason when I'd rather be picking off targets to my fancy. There's not much else to say about this game. All in all it's pretty solid, but there really isn't enough missions, and I went through the whole thing real quick, and to me I just find it disappointing. Maybe since you have the engine already in place, you can make a sequel with more content (Perhaps it could be called Sierra 8)

Madness Hydraulic Madness Hydraulic

Not bad

Quite a fun madness game. In comparison to your previous ones, this time you simplified it to the main focus of just killing people... and zombies. It's very enjoyable, and you can pick it up and kill right away. Nice. Only bad point is that the turrets are quite useless, even when they are maxed out, because they don't fire rapidly. Of course, if you did that, then the game would be too easy. I'm thinking you didn't need to add turrets in the first place, but I guess it satisfies those who want at least some defense. That's good when you are facing zombies and have no weapons to fight them with.

In summary, a nice madness game. 8/10

- Eammy

Riskful Thinking Riskful Thinking

Pickpocketing never fails...

Seriously, I kept on stealing $1000 over and over again from the same guy and he never noticed. There is a lot of things broken in this game. The pseudo-randomness is really not convincing, and I feel I am just playing against a cheap random number generator rather than a proper casino, as I often get the same results over and over again. It's ridiculous, just take the pickpocketing example above. There are many more cases of broken gameplay.

The music is very short and looping, and gets annoying fast. The only thing that is decent is the character graphics, but the rest of the graphics like the wood textured interface and cheap text are all just plain horrid. This game is so simplistic in the sense that there is hardly any attention to detail. Everything looks half - done. It just looks like yet another cheap flash game, nothing else.

notnath responds:

yeah for the time we did this in I think it came out well but I do agree, some parts could be polished a LOT better like the type treatment for one.

lol and just replaying it i lost on the pickpocket.

Sift Heads World : Act 5 Sift Heads World : Act 5

Nicely done

This series is quite good, and getting better and better each installment. There are still a few niggling issues like simplistic dialogue and sometimes unclear instructions on where you have to go next and what to do. I don't think english is your native language, so I understand that.

Also, when I am getting used to clicking with the mouse, I suddenly get quicktime events slapped onto me, where I have to fumble for the keyboard buttons I wasn't using at all until that point. They can be so unexpected and out of context at times, it's quite annoying.

The interface is real slick, the story, action, and cinematics are getting better with every installment. Really good work. Before I gave up and quit because of bugs that couldn't let me continue, but I've recently finished this and Act 4 all the way through. Also notable is that you take this series in new directions, different exotic places like the Amazon and Russia, and giving characters more depth and backstory. Your franchise is evolving well. Keep it up.